Thursday, April 12, 2012

Recent odds and ends.

This is the Uniraptor! A little doodling of mine I embroidered on a thrifted bag. I'm really chuffed with how it's coming along!




Embroidery has become my life recently; I'm really relishing how therapeutic craft is for me. I've had a lot of people ask me about my hobby, and I'd be happy to write out a few tutorials if anyone was interested? Sewing is super easy to pick up, once you get the know how! :D
I've been scribbling and stitching recently, and asides from the continuing teeth drama (which I will post about whence more unfolds past me just having a smashed tooth) I dyed the ends of my dreadlocks pink!





The photo app, Instagram, was finally released on Android and I signed up as soon as it was downloaded. It's been so much fun, and I am still relatively new. My name on there is ZephyrLeStrange; say hi! I'm keen to follow some interesting folk :D
As per usual, there's a photo dump of recent goings ons. Some of my scribblings are a little NSFW, so I've put a click through in, just to be safe :)


xx

Z


S'cuse me, y'all! Before you go on, kindly note that these images are all original artworks of mine, and yes,  I'm happy for someone to take inspiration to create their own art! But please remember these are my scribblings and once inspired, you should go forth and create original designs for yourself! :D

I am looking into doing prints of things if people are interested, you need only ask :)
My email is zephyrhatesyou[at]gmail[dot]com, drop me a line :3



Vagina dentata! Still a working progress :)



Goldmember, the pink floral femme phallus. Drawn and stitched by me. Purple outline, with vintage gold hemming highlights. A work in progress for another project, but I really had fun sewing this. I want to make more! :D



Metamorphosis, in progress. I really like Kafka, Boston Terriers, beetles and ink fineliners, okay?

All of this rambleage was bought to you by the adorable gift mum bought me; a floating ducky tea strainer. It is seriously the cutest thing ever!



It even comes with its own little cup to stop tea dreg leakage; brilliant! My mother knows me all too well ;)

Thanks for looking through my clutter! <3

8 comments:

  1. ...Artistically challenged, you called yourself? Please do tell me that was a joke. You have much talent with drawing and that embroidery! Fantastic. I like the vagina dentata sketch of yours. Honestly, I think it would be an interesting thing if it really existed...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome! Now I want to do some needlework :D Ps, I want a ducky tea strainer. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been lurking/swooning over your embroidery on Instagram lately—it's super inspiring! I've been into cross-stitch for a while now, but I'm not really sure how to start with embroidery, so I'd definitely be thrilled if you went the tutorial route!

    Also...my mom gave me that very same tea strainer! It's so cute I can't stand it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love looking at pictures of your embroidery :D Such interesting designs!
    & love what you did with your hair here too^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your embroidery is awesome and I love your dreads! <3

    ReplyDelete