Friday, January 27, 2012

Vegan One Minute Microwave Chocolate Mug Cake.

That title is a bit of a mouthful! But you read correctly; a rich chocolate cake that cooks in a minute, in your microwave and is all mixed, cooked and eaten from a mug! Best of all? It's vegan! There's no excuse!

The only photo I managed to get of the cake before I inhaled it. So delish!

You will need:
- 4 tablespoons of self raising flour
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- A hearty pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil (mine worked with melted margarine just fine, though)
- 2 tablespoons of water

How to:
- Mix the dry ingredients thoroughly in the mug, making sure you scrape down the bottom of the mug. There's nothing worse than surprise flour pockets, especially in cakes!
- Add the wet ingredients and mix well, again checking to scrape down the bottom of the mug.
- Pop in the microwave and zap it for around a minute on high.
- And viola! Delish, super quick, super fresh cake time! I drizzled a bit of maple syrup on top, because I'm a sweet tooth, but it's perfect on its own. I kind of want to serve it with some vegan friendly ice cream next time :O

Enjoy!
xx

Z

7 comments:

  1. You've persuaded me, I'm off to rummage for these ingredients and give it a try nomnomnomnom

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLY MAN CAKE IN A CUP. I dream about something this simple on a regular basis. Zephyr, you've changed my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So easy!
    Thanks for sharing it.

    Nice piercings, I never saw before near the cheeks. ^_^
    Woof.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks really yummy :D
    Unfortunately there is no "self raising flour" available in Austria. I checked google about a possibility to mix it myself. Should be possible but all recipes are for about 500gramm of flour so I guess i just have to try it :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It worked perfectly with my own-mixture of baking powder, whole flour and fructose instead of normal sugar. Thanks for such a nice and quick recipe <3

      Delete
  5. I NEED to try this :) Quite innovative too and sounds like the perfect treat for busy uni students like myself^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. www.chocolatecoveredkatie.com has lots of vegan healthy desert recipes, even a similar microwave mug cake! (but less sugar and uses baking powder and plain flour so good for those poor souls in Austria who have no SR), you should check it out!

    ReplyDelete