Nothin' like a bit of simple, vegan baking! These are a really simple cookie, with protein filled Chia Seeds and a cinnamon twist. They actually kind of taste like fresh cinnamon doughnuts, delish!
Vegan Chia Seed Sugar Cookies
You will need:
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugaar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup chia seeds. You can find them in the health food section at most supermarkets
- Cinnamon sugar to coat
(To make cinnamon sugar, I mixed around 1/3 cup of sugar with 1 tsp of cinnamon)
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Egg replacer for 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Mix dry ingredients (except cinnamon sugar) in a large bowl and set aside
- Mix wet ingredients in a smaller bowl, being sure blend all the ingredients together well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix. Bring the dough together with your hands. If the dough is too dry, add a little water.
- Roll teaspoons of dough into balls, and roll in cinnamon sugar to coat.
- Place each cookie ball on a lined tray and press to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 8 - 10 minutes