Monday, September 26, 2011

Vegan Creamy Mushroom Pasta + more..

I'm feeling a little guilty for how little I update this blog. I wish I were better at writing, but I really struggle to get the motivation sometimes. I've got to kick my own butt, it really helps when people hassle me to get a new post up! ^____^ ♥


I've tragically fallen in love with mid calf length skirts recently. They're tricky, but if you make sure you keep footwear simple, it can look more chic than Amish. Admittedly, both not very flattering photos of me, but my most recent takes on some skirts I have in my wardrobe.


Caramel knit // High waisted skirt // Sportsgirl sparkly blue socks // Thrifted combat boots // Grey headscarf // Found necklace // Sportsgirl handbag

Thrifted black knit // Vintage floral skirt // Tan faux leather belt // Thrifted black and white brogues // Sportsgirl bird skull necklace // Thrifted headscarf

I have a habit of wearing the same sunglasses and handbags for days on end. Bluh D:
I've been inspired by crazy tower hair-dos and wearing my topknot as a teased out bun, with a thrifted scarf wrapped around and pinned in place. It's a super easy hairstyle that you can dress up or down, depending on the occasion. I don't know about you, but I'm a huge fan of not having my dreads in my face! 

Vintage collared dress // Tan faux leather belt // Opaque tights // Tan brogues // Sportsgirl handbag // Lovisa cage cross ring

I promised these recipes to a few people, so I thought I would share them with everyone. Some of my favourite vegan eats at the moment that are super easy to make with ingredients that are in most supermarkets. Vegan creamy mushroom pasta and brown sugar cookies! So delish!


Click through for the recipes, and for photos I had on my camera phone, teehee!


xx


Z

Creamy mushroom pasta.

Serves 3, or two ravenous people.





You will need:
- 3 or 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups of pasta
- 7 or 8 mushrooms, sliced.
- 3 or 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/3 cup of soy cream cheese
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1 tsp cornflour, blended in a tablespoon of water
- Seasoning to taste- I stirred in some basil and it was delish!
* I stirred in a bag of baby spinach the first time I made this pasta and it was amazing- a good way to boost iron/calcium intake. I just chowed down before I got a good photo. Baby spinach is optional, but I recommend it.

How to:
1. Cook the pasta in salted boiling water until al dente. Drain and set aside. Be sure to rinse with cold water to stop it cooking while it's sitting.
2. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Crush garlic cloves and add in mushrooms. 
3. Cook mushrooms and garlic together on medium heat until cooked down and soft.
4. Add soy cream cheese, soy milk and cornflour mixture to the pan. Stir until soy cheese has melted down.
5. Turn heat up to medium high, bring to a simmer and cook until sauce thickens. 
6. Add spinach, if you choose, and stir until wilted and combined well. Season to your liking and serve hot. Enjoy!


This dish can be reheated, but I wouldn't recommend freezing it.


Brown Sugar Cookies


You will need:
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/3 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 TB water


How to:
1. Preheat oven to 160C, line trays with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon until well combined.
3. In a separate bowl, mix sugar, oil, vanilla and water until dissolved. It kind of looks like caramel.
4. Add the wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Place teaspoonfuls of mixture on the trays, and flatten the top slightly with a fork. 
6. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes, enjoy them warm, with a cup of tea. Bliss!


I bought some Silver Needles white tea, vegan baking agrees well with it. Drinking from my favourite mug ;) ♥

Everyone should just bow down to the Queen of Vegan Cupcakes, miss Stevie. Dark chocolate cupcakes with raspberry cream cheese icing and raspberry sauce. AND SPRINKLES. Pure amazing ♥ More white tea, of course ;)


What Rocky has to say about Macs, apparently.


...And what we were watching on TV.

Mweep! Me and Alex at Wild Thyme with my parents (who were taking the photo) for breakfast.

5 comments:

  1. w00t. NEW BLOG, NEW BLOG! /dances!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't update my blog enough either, thanks for all of the awesome vegan recipes! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You seriously look like a retard in those dweeby skirts "You went the full retard man!"

    LOLz

    ....and you're into fashion and style (apparently)

    Alex, you can so do better than her (and u know it) ;)

    ReplyDelete