Saturday, July 23, 2011

Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies + Daily Outfit

I am way too stoked about this. My lovely friend Jade dropped around last night with a present for me- her old DS! I've never ever owned my own game console before- and I have wanted a DS for so long. I am so stupidly excited- it's baby pink + I bought my first game for it today: Scribblenauts.


It was chilly today, but I was determined to wear my eyeball singlet + my new jeans. The singlet has a hood- I just love it!



Cold weather really motivates me to bake. I don't know what it is- maybe it's the heat of the oven, or the fact that baked goods + coffee are like two peas in a pod.
I'm not very precise when it comes to baking, and always tweak recipes to make it what I want it to be. I had a random sweet craving last night, but because we had only just got back from holiday, there was almost nothing in the pantry, except a fortuitous jar of crunchy peanut butter. As a result, the recipe uses no soy milk, egg replacer or margarine. They are SO peanut butter-y, and the sunflower seeds add a really pleasant crunch. I want to eat them all!



Click through for the recipe. Vegan peanut butter cookies!


xx


Z







Vegan peanut butter cookies- with some tasty extra bits!


Ingredients:


1 cup flour
2/3 cup peanut butter (the crunchier the better)
1/3 cup oil
3/4 cups raw sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 TB golden syrup
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup sunflower seeds

How to:

1. Preheat your oven to 200C (180C fan forced)
2. Mix all the ingredients, except the oil and golden syrup, in a large bowl.
3. Add oil + syrup, and mix thoroughly. It will form a thick dough, I found bringing it together by hand to be easier than using a spoon.
4. Roll dough into a ball, break off 2 inch pieces, roll into a ball + flatten. Place on a tray, lined with baking paper. Bake for 10 - 12 mins and let cool on the tray. Enjoy!

P.S I also have a Chictopia now :)

4 comments:

  1. Yummy, will try it out soon!
    And you look amazing, that shirt is pure win <3
    And those sunglasses look so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, that eyeball top is making me drool. Not to mention the cookies, duh.

    ReplyDelete