Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Exploring. Day 3.

Today, the weather was as indecisive as I can be when it comes to picking rings. It was beautiful when I got up, after I'd caught another episode of The Wire (I'm in the middle of season two- if you haven't already got around to watching it, I definitely recommend it!), the sky was surly + heavy with clouds.

I still wanted to go for a walk, so Alex took me down to the abandoned Art Commune next door to his parents' house. It was just breathtaking- all the different, hand built buildings nestled in amongst each other. One particularly caught my eye, nestled into the opening of a huge gully, was a little mud brick/timber structure I just HAD to take more photos of.

The silence + stillness is just so dreamlike- it was surreal clambering around this little house and disturbing plumes of dust. We watched the sun set on a cliff in the gully + walked home along the blossoming cherry trees. We're heading back to the city tomorrow, so it was nice to soak up a little more tranquility before our holiday was over. I'm looking forward to getting back to the city- despite arriving on the last nice day before crappy weather. I have so many projects to start and complete. I can't wait to show you!

I'll leave you with photos from today. I realise they are rather small, but you can always click on them for a bigger picture :)




Standing on Alex's parents' balcony, being comfy. High waisted skinny jeans, Vincent nibbled singlet, Brixton hat, inverted cross + Alex's Mindsnare hoodie :3


xx








The view from the balcony. It's rather lovely to sip coffee + look at the view. 

Part of the abandoned Art Commune, nestled in the bushes. 

Isn't it just lovely? Built at the top of a steep, deep gully. 

Steps to the house. 

Aw! Kind of looks like a christmas tree! 

Danger! 

The roof from inside the house. 

Kind of reminds me of Fallout O_O 

The second room. The door is broken, so it's a bit of a perilous climb through the wall. 

Stump full of treasure. 

Cute little plants say FUQ DA POLICE. 

The window inside the second room. 

A view from the other side. The narrow doorway is so cute ^_^ 

Two people, four feets. 

WTF r u doin', pole?! 

Pretty trees ! 

Hello! 

Wall of the gully- looks kind of looks like the inside of a cave. 

Roots with nothing to hold on to :( 

So many snail shells! Snail block party! 

From near the gully wall as we left. Bye, house :) 


Something I just HAD to take a photo of. I saw this magnet on Alex's parents' fridge + just had to have a giggle. Watch out for those Millenium Bugs! :D

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sure that being in this place in person is so much better. By the looks of it in the photos it's beautiful, I can only imagine in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that place looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Y2K hahahahaha! Again, these photos are amazing. I love exploring abandoned buildings, it's wonderful. Definitely has a fallout vibe to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like the kind of place fairies would hide in...or maybe its just me floating away with the fantastical once again. Or maybe millennium bugs live there?

    ReplyDelete