Wednesday, February 9, 2011

DIY Lego Tie + Stud Earring Improvisation

Nothing really pulls me out of an emotional funk, like serious chats with possibly one of the most important people in my life + fashion blogs. I’d been a sooky bitch- I’m glad I bought what had been bugging me. He’s the first person I’ve been with who has had no qualms with discussing issues and solving problems calmly and like an adult- and for that, I am so very thankful.

I woke up this morning after four hours sleep + decided that was completely insufficient to go about my day on, and to have a little nap- I woke up at 12pm and cussed out my laziness. Time is such a.. Bitch! Granted I was rather distracted by this for around an hour;



After feeling particularly inspired by several fashion blogs I had been trawling while sipping my morning coffee, I decided a trawling of the local op shop would be in order + I’m certainly glad I did! I managed to find a gorgeous crocheted batwing cape and a few pieces of DIY fodder- they’re all in the wash right now, so pictures will have to wait ;D

I compiled a quick ‘thrifting’ outfit- and discovered that even though I stopped wearing stud earrings years ago; having earlobes stretched to 25mm means most earrings, unless they’re looped under the plugs, are a no-go- that I could still have a use for my old stud earrings :D Struggling to find a brooch to keep the top of my blouse together, meant improvisation time and viola! A disregarded pairless vintage stud earring quickly becomes functional AND cute! Yay!




It was my job to watch my youngest brother this afternoon while everyone had various family commitments to attend to. Arki is 8 years old, and an Aspergers kid- he has such a funny brutal honesty that I completely love about him. I remember once he came and sat next to me, and put his hand on my thigh and said “Kas. You have really big legs.”
When I gasped and said “That’s not very nice!” he replied casually with
“I mean STRONG legs, Kas!”

He’s actually the most adorable child in existence.




He was making something quite complex from Halo out of Lego when it broke in his hands accidentally- he came out of his room and cried on my lap until I offered to make some stuff with him. Together we made a set of lego bow ties! I attached mine to elastic, and Arki told me to keep the one he made + wear it in my hair or something. So cute! I’ll have to reinforce them with super glue, but they’re amazing!




I leave you with a truly amazing internet find. I could actually stare at this picture for hours. If anyone has any clue as to who the band is/where this photo is from, I would much appreciate it. Now, go on and get out your old Lego. You know you waaant to ;D



Z

xx

3 comments:

  1. My favourite bit of this was Arki said you can keep his lego bowtie he made! AWWWWWWWW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Captain, that band pic, it's Fugazi, no doubt about it. I knew those guys straight off, but if you ever find a pic and want to discover its provenance, use tineye.com-great tool. & your bowties are rocking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photo is Fugazi

    ReplyDelete