Monday, January 31, 2011

DIY 'Hermes' wings for my shoes :3

If you know me at all, you know that I am a fan of all things DIY, strange and wierd to wear. These bad boys are no exception!

I have a VAST collection of shoes, but sometimes wish I could do more to them- short of permanent modifications like studding, I was stumped until I watched Disney's Hercules. That was IT! What does every elfin wierdo require for their feet? WINGS!

Please keep in mind, these are just the prototype pair to see if it would even work- mind you, I am quite proud of them as is :3

I picked up those shoes on sale at Novo this time last year- $15, can you believe it? :D


I'd love to start playing with more colours and stuff. Stay tuned! :D

Z

xx

1 comment:

  1. I saw a cute tutorial for these to put on kid's lace up shoes but I HAVE NO CLUE where it was and I'm really really pissed.

    I'm sure I could figure it out since I am obsessed with DIY also but how cute do these look! - http://www.etsy.com/listing/62756460/superhero-shoes-gold-wings?ref=cat3_gallery_24

    ReplyDelete