Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Daily Outfit + Food Phobias..

Possibly my favouritest shirt ever. I found it for $5 at a Cotton On sale, an asymmetric cut later and viola! A gorgeously comfortable top :D
Outfit equation;
DIY skull shirt + Jay Jays skinny jeans + combat boots + check scarf + slouch beanie + silver way-viator sunglasses.



Went into town for the last of the New Years/Boxing Day sales + had a glorious catch up with my most faaavourite purple haired wierdo, Miss Gee. The T-Bar had a $10 eftpos minimum, so we were the crazy ladies out the front with TWO pots of tea and hysterical cackles. Over the hilarity of vegan farts, no less.

I managed to snag some aaabsolute bargains- a black and white knit dress, two finger diamente skull ring + a chain shoulder harness for $40! Oh gosh I love Sportsgirl sales :D

I had a bit of a wierd moment today. I realised I'm pretty sure I am the fussiest eater on the face of the earth. I am going out to dinner tomorrow night, to celebrate Alex's mother's birthday + we're going to an iincredible restuarant. Yet, the idea of it is enough to reduce me to tears in a fast food chain. (long story >.<)
I HATE complicated food. I HATE exotic foods. I HATE anything that has too many components, the description is too fancy or even has too many colours. I HATE eating at new places I've never been before, I HATE trying things that I have no idea what they taste like, I HATE trying new food. Is anyone else as spastic as me?

I was perusing the menu for this place + realised that they ONLY thing they served that was vegan friendly was the chips and side salads- which I'm okay with, but they're also willing to prepare me a vegan dish on the night. This would be all very good if I wasn't MORBIDLY phobic of the idea of new foods that are fancy and pretty. But on the same token, I am completely embarrassed that I'm getting a meal paid for me by these generous people + all I will eat is chips.

If Alex wasn't such an understanding person, I am pretty sure I would have chucked a sickie and gone to hide under a rock.

Does anyone else have this same problem? Or am I the only person in the world who is terrified of food?

Egh. In other news, I like to share my findings when I stumble upon blog gems, and this is no different.
Tash is a friend via the interwebs, + I've stumbled upon her blog a few times (I may or may not have a tiiiny obsession with her art >:D) and I must say, I'm hooked! She's an exceptional writer, and every entry has the ability to make me smile, think or yell 'THAT'S TOTALLY WHAT I WAS THINKING!' and the computer screen- sometimes all three at once. I thought I'd share her with you- she deserves to be read! :D
http://pandicoot.wordpress.com/

Anyhow, I'm going to wind down now. I have to pack for Melbourne- I leave on Thursday, so I won't be able to blog til I get back on Monday- but I will be sure to have a bazillion photos and stories to share.

Before I go, I'm curious. Do you have a love of black clothing + a fluffy pet? HOW DO YOU COPE? I have to change outfits completely if I even want to THINK about cuddling Vincent- there must be an easier way! D:

Z
xx

6 comments:

  1. Cute outfit!!

    (plus don't think I'm strange, I have you on facebook and decided to check out your blog)

    and FUCK, I want blue hair! If only work would allow it.. :<

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I freak out about new foods. I HATE trying anything new. I like going to the same places where I have been before [mostly because I have worked there or something] and I know exactly what is in the food and what it is supposed to look like.

    Mostly because I hate eating out because I'm afraid of it tasting bad or something, but still, my husband gets mad for not trying ANYTHING new.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a 99% black clothing-filled wardrobe and a black and white cat who sheds like...something that sheds a lot. She also has a serious case of kitty dandruff, so is super-allergenic (so glad I'm not allergic to cats!), so I've always got a fine coating of fur (the black stands out nearly as badly as the white, go figure!) and kitty dandruff. I cope by not picking her up while wearing clothes which I intend to wear outside...and by not sitting down anywhere in said clothes. Also, those sticky lint roller thingies are awesome for removing fur =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know this post is really old, but I have to ask, vegan farts?? I'm intrigued because I am playing around with my diet trying to figure out what works for me at the moment. Having just had a bub, breastfeeding and trying to lose weight at the same time can be complicated as I am a pretty fussy eater too!

    Also, just so you don't think I'm a crazy stalker, you popped up on my facebook feed as we have some mutual friends, so in my maternity leave boredom I started reading your blog and I'm hooked. Love your style! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just have to ask, vegan farts?? Is that a thing? I'm intrigued as I am playing around with my diet a bit at the moment to see what works for me. My system is a bit messed up becoming a new mum, trying to lose weight and breastfeed at the same time.

    Also, just so you don't think I'm a stalker, you popped up in my facebook news feed as we have a few mutual friends and I decided to read your blog out of maternity leave housebound boredom. Love your style and your writing! :)

    ReplyDelete